The creation of MyOutcomes® was driven by our continuing belief that for mental health practitioners to provide superior care to their clients, they need superior clinical tools. In a time when mental health support is in greater demand, while funds for that support are growing increasingly scarce, we feel that a valid and reliable tool with demonstrable ability to increase client’s engagement in the clinical process, increase clients’ successful outcomes, and has the potential to reduce time to achieve those outcomes can ease the workload for clinicians, as well as increase their own sense of successful achievement.
Our Core Values
Our values guide our continued development of MyOutcomes®. We believe that they are integral to keeping us focused on helping mental health providers to be successful in helping their clients to be successful. It is our ultimate goal to make sure every change or addition we make leads to better treatment practices and enhance the experience of clinicians and clients everywhere.
- We believe that, without sacrificing experience and intuition, health care should be evidence-based and that in the mental health setting the feedback-informed model (FIT) is the best evidence-based approach.
- We believe that the best approach to the development of effective and powerful clinical tools is customer-driven and client-centric.
- We believe that quality education is key to the future and so support the educational needs of present and future practitioners, who all play a critical role in addressing the mental health needs of our times.
- We believe that our customers will be more effective in helping their clients if we are more effective in providing the support that our customers need.
- We believe that as allies of the practitioners, who use MyOutcomes®, it’s our duty to promote the best practices in the behavioral sciences, so that those mental health providers can support their clients toward improved mental, emotional and social well-being.
Our parent company, Health Factors, has been a pioneer in the use of technology — including distance learning and social media platforms — to enhance mental health since it was founded in 2000. In 2007, after seven years of research and development, MyOutcomes® launched as a web-based version of the Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS) developed by Scott D. Miller, Ph.D. and Barry L. Duncan, Psy.D.. That same year, they published a white paper detailing how empowering consumers to take a more active role in assessing mental healthcare outcomes dramatically improves the quality and efficiency of services. The white paper also called upon the U.S. President and Congress to require consumer-driven outcomes management as a centerpiece in reform of the behavioral health industry. In 2010, after three randomized clinical trials were conducted by Miller and Duncan and published in top-tier journals, PCOMS was submitted for inclusion in US Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP); after extensive review, it was accepted in 2013. In 2018, MyOutcomes® was accepted and included as a standardized measure with the Joint Commission. Since then, MyOutcomes® has continued to build on the PCOMS model to better serve healthcare providers and their clients; it has been successfully implemented in a wide variety of service settings, with diverse clinical populations, all over the world.