Ready to take your practice to the next level?
FIT eLearning is a new and accelerated way to learn and implement Feedback-Informed Treatment using PCOMS evidence based practice.
As you work through this 12-hour course there will be a number of demonstrations, exercises and quizzes designed to help you establish a baseline personal profile to work from in developing your understanding of how to apply feedback-informed treatment using PCOMS. Upon successful completion of this course, you will have a good understanding of FIT and PCOMS and be able to identify areas to focus your professional development, as you continue to strive for excellence in your daily practice.
Fill this form to download our FIT eLearning brochure
Watch this short clip to learn more about FIT eLearning
FIT eLearning allows you to interact with the material in order to learn it in the best way possible
FIT eLearning is based on the most up to date research about outcomes in talk therapy and behavioral health services. The course is organized around a set of 4 core competencies developed by Scott D. Miller and colleagues at the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE).
These core competences encompass the necessary basics for clinicians seeking to improve their outcomes and achieve excellence in their practice using PCOMS. The course is designed to allow you to work at your own pace although it is expected that the entire course will take no more than 6 months to complete. Each session takes about an hour, allowing you to complete the sessions during your workday.
The ICCE is a world-wide online community of practitioners, healthcare managers, educators and researchers dedicated to promoting excellence in behavioral healthcare services, sharing of best practices and innovative ideas that are specifically designed to improve behavioral healthcare practice and allow practitioners and managers to achieve their personal best as helping professionals.
The Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS) includes two evidence-based, trans-theoretical scales for monitoring the quality and outcome of behavioral healthcare services. Multiple randomized clinical trials (RCTs) have shown that PCOMS as much as doubles the effectiveness of treatment while simultaneously reducing dropout, deterioration rates, and service delivery costs.
The PCOMS measures have been successfully implemented in a variety of service settings (outpatient, inpatient, case-management, prison-based, child protection, and in home) and diverse clinical populations (adults, children, ambulatory, chronic), and are listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices.
In practice, PCOMS involves administering two simple clinical tools, the Outcome Rating Scale (ORS) and the Session Rating Scale (SRS). Data from the measures are then integrated into clinical practice through Feedback-Informed Treatment (FIT), a method for using client feedback regarding the therapeutic alliance and outcome of care to inform, tailor, and improve service delivery. FIT is not only consistent with but also operationalizes the American Psychological Association’s (APA) definition of evidence-based practice. To wit, FIT involves “the integration of the best available research…and monitoring of patient progress (and of changes in the patient’s circumstances – e.g., job loss, major illness) that may suggest the need to adjust the treatment (e.g., problems in the therapeutic relationship or in the implementation of the goals of the treatment)” (APA Task Force on Evidence-Based Practice, 2006, pp. 273, 276-277).
What people are saying about FIT eLearning:
“I like the professional quality of the slides and videos - great work!”
“Like Scott Miller' style: brief, humorous and to the point”
“It was good to be more focused & write out script & practice it, i now feel more confidant in explaining the ORS”
To Get Started
- First, make sure you have a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone with one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 9 or 10, FireFox (latest version), Google Chrome (latest), Safari (latest), iPad and Android
- Second, complete the Sign-up Form and pay $179 by credit card or PayPal, more than 30 the price is $169 per person.
- Third, receive your login information by email in 1 or 2 business days. You will have access to eLearning for 12 months from date you sign. Your account is non-transferable
- Finally, recieve your FIT Practitioner Certificate and 12 hours of professional development documentation
FIT eLearning Features:
- AN EFFICIENT method for training you to achieve excellence in your practice using Feedback Informed Treatment (FIT)
- 12 INTERACTIVE lessons organized around a set of 4 core competencies developed by Scott D. Miller, Ph.D. and colleagues at the International Center for Clinical Excellence (ICCE)
- COLLABORATE on exercises and assignments with a world-wide community of practitioners, healthcare managers, educators and researchers dedicated to promoting excellence in behavioral healthcare services
- FITS YOUR SCHEDULE by allowing you to complete each one-hour lesson when you want - at a pace you want
- AWARENESS BUILDER helps you to establish a personal profile to work from in developing your understanding of the Partners for Change Outcome Management System (PCOMS) and FIT
- ENGAGE with Dr. Scott Miller in a personable one on one fashion from your phone, tablet or computer